Very valid question. Here goes:
1. Publishing 3 times a week seemed to work equally well.
2. Diversifying publications worked better. Publishing more in Better Marketing worked better.
3. Having a link to my website gave me plenty of email subscribers
4. Writing about topics that get curated helped get more views
5. Writing how-to articles worked better
6. Being myself worked better than trying to push someone I'm not
7. Similar answer to #1. Quantity has changed much for my stats.
8. Using more generic images of people seemed to work better. Hard to tell on this one. I don't think I'll give this one up.
9. I don't think it was a failure but I have no way to tell if it was a waste of time or not. I also decided to continue doing that one.